Forum Posts - Other

Thread: family history information

Posts per page:
1 of 1
08 January 2012 - 02:27:24

family history information

hello, i am very interested in two people, thomas mckelvie and jane hamilton born 1859 in antrim. i am not a paid member of ancestry .com, but i put in a search with these two names and both appeared on a public member tree named glenravel historical society... as i said i am not a member of ancestry, so i could not get look at the tree in question.   can any one here help me ?? thomas and jane were my great grandparents, so i am very keen to learn all i can about them and their family's......... any help given will be greatly appreciated,...kind reguards from heather

heather Joined - 08/01/2012 Posts: 3
10 January 2012 - 11:51:32

Re: family history information

Hi Heather - I can give you access to the Glenravel Historical Society tree on ancestry.com.   The invitation you will receive allows you to view/edit the tree.   Please send me an email to LKNhousemaster@aol.com with your email address, and I will send you the invitation and instructions.

Best regards,

Susan Gingras

gingrashome Joined - 10/01/2012 Posts: 1
10 January 2012 - 22:29:31

thank you susan,.....i can hardly wait !!!!!!

11 January 2012 - 04:59:39

heather the skerry you are talking about is most likely skerry in the braid as there are hamiltons there so try broughshane or buckna.

teresa1 Joined - 08/06/2011 Posts: 2 Moderator
11 January 2012 - 05:13:24

thank you teresa......will have a look see !!!!

14 January 2012 - 06:51:07

Heather there is a John Hamilton currently living in the next townland to Islandstown - don't know if he's the same Hamiltons or not but I will make enquiries. Colm.

waterfarm Joined - 18/05/2011 Posts: 4 Moderator
11 April 2012 - 04:09:35

Dear Historical Society

1. 1727 time frame a James Breakenridge
  2. history states Scottish by blood - emigrated from Ireland
  3. wife Sara
  4. two sons James and William  about 6 and 4 Francis died enroute to MA
  6. Music Book recorded dates - music taught by a Robert Cairne
  7. States Glenreavoll ---but Google changes it to Glenravel.
  8. Assume Scots Presbyterians
  9. Do you have the grave of Breakenridge/Brakinrig, etc   also in music book called the young James was called Jacobus - his wife was Sara and both buried in MA.
  10. People place him in Antrim-was there a migration early 1700 from Scotland? the First James father died when he was 13 in IReland or Scotland--Mother remained in Ireland or Scotland...do not know surname.
  11. Was there a Presbyterian group in Glenravel?

Thank you for your time...trying t find origin of place in IReland and Scotland--note that name is not preveland in IReland- and has deep roots in Scotland.

James Breakenridge

Bennington Joined - 11/04/2012 Posts: 1
14 December 2014 - 16:47:59

Originally posted by Bennington

Dear Historical Society

3. wife Sara
  9. Do you have the grave of Breakenridge/Brakinrig, etc   also in music book called the young James was called Jacobus - his wife was Sara and both buried in MA.
  10. People place him in Antrim-was there a migration early 1700 from Scotland? the First James father died when he was 13 in IReland or Scotland--Mother remained in Ireland or Scotland...do not know surname.

Thank you for your time...trying t find origin of place in IReland and Scotland--note that name is not preveland in IReland- and has deep roots in Scotland.

James Breakenridge

Margaret Grant
margaretg174 Joined - 14/12/2014 Posts: 3
15 December 2014 - 12:50:14

Re: family history information of Oliver family .
Originally posted by margaretg174
Originally posted by Bennington

Dear Historical Society

3. wife Sara

James Breakenridge

Margaret Grant
17 December 2014 - 22:32:44

The Oliver family came from Armagh. James Oliver married Mary Ann Cunningham in Lisnadil Parish Church. They were C O I. I wiuld like to know where James Oliver's father came from, his name was Henry.

Margaret Grant