Forum Posts - Other

Thread: Photographs

Posts per page:
1 of 1
12 May 2015 - 02:29:56

Photographs

I have downloaded some photographs to the Historypin website: https://www.historypin.org/channels/view/38361/#!collections/view/id/2093/title/Ulster%20Faces if anyone is interested.  The photos are taken from an old family album and are pictures of residents of Ballymena, Broughshane and Newton Crommelin.  My great-grandfather was the Rev. William Johnston Gilmore who was Presbyterian minister at Newton Crommelin for 46 years.  The empty album was given to him and his wife shortly after their marriage in 1888.  Several of the photographs are of local ministers.  I hope someone may recognise an ancestor in this small collection.

Kidnip Joined - 12/05/2015 Posts: 2
28 June 2015 - 07:21:47

Re: Photographs

Hi. My name is John Wilson and I was brought up near Newtowncrommelin. I can provide details of the location of Lisbreen Cottage. The John Stewart in the photos is most likely "Master" Stewart the local primary school teacher and later Justice of the Peace. He was the author of a history of Newtowncrommelin Presbyterian Church> Icould provide details of this. The Campbells in the photo can be traced through 3 census returns as well as the Griffith valuation. The Gilmour headstone in the churchyard was erected by the greatful congregation if I can remember properly. If you would like to contact me for more information my e-mail is johnwilson2007@btinternet.com.

Regards

John Wilson

JohnWilson Joined - 20/11/2013 Posts: 2